Thursday, August 18

CHARITY QUILT COMPLETED

HEY BLOGGIES,

It has been a while since I completed some charity quilts.  With all the flooding in Texas and Louisiana, I decided it was time to get busy again.

This first quilt, "Noah's Arks" was made from scrap cloth that someone from church donated towards the charity quilts,  Arks is plural because with so much flooding, each family needs a safe way to leave the flooding areas, not to mention that there are many Arks on this cute cuddly quilt.,

My sweet rescued Pomeranian, Jewel, photo bombed our quilt!!  :-)


 Because it was leftover scraps,  I did not have quite enough full pieces to complete 12 blocks.  So as you can see in the middle row, I used several small pieces to make the same color blocks. But in looking at it, especially if it was wrapped around a toddler, I don't think it will matter that much.


 I used red sashing around each block and around the whole quilt.  The back is a bright solid orange which I brought around to the front to create it's own self binding.  I tied the quilt with soft thin baby yard in a bright blue.

Thanks for stopping by. I have two more quilts in various stages that I will be posting in the next few weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post a comment: