Tuesday, February 9

A FORGOTTEN POST ABOUT MY BLOCK A DAY QUILT BLOCKS

HEY BLOGGIES,

Since I can't do much for the next few weeks (see previous post), I was looking at my photos and realized I have NOT yet posted my QUILT BLOCK A DAY blocks that I am making with Aunt Marti.  They are 9 patches, monochromatic, and I picked blues to use:


Right off my squares were not measuring out as they were supposed.  I bought some precuts and I am wondering if they are not accurate?  You can see where they are not meeting up perfectly as they should.

 This one seems to have been a little better, but they are still not perfect as we quilters like to see those seams and points meeting.

These are NOT sewn together but I just took a photo of the two blocks side by side to show the problems I am having.  Here the white squares seem to be a bit small.

Marti is helping me with this problem, so once I am well I am hoping to get caught up on my block a day and get this quilt going with correct and accurate measurements and seams.

Check out her blog link above in the first paragraph and see what wonderful sewing and designing she does.  she is a fun gal for sure!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post a comment: