Thursday, August 14

PERFECT PEACOCK

HEY BLOGGIES,

I just opened my new PERFECT PEACOCK large single stamp from SU! and couldn't wait to start using it.  I tackled a HUGE IDEA for my first card with this adorable stamp:

 First photo above is the peacock stamped on very vanilla and the tail stamped on a piece of patterned paper and then fussy cut out and added with dimensionals.  I also added some light grey shading with my aqua painter and ink.  The sequins are random colors from a generic pack I had.  The body is wisteria wonder using the aqua painter again, and then shading added with a marker.

 Then I began auditioning background layers to see which one I liked,  Here is pink pirouette.  OOOh, I like this soft look.

 Next I auditioned wisteria wonder.  That looks very soft and nice also.  Makes the peacock body stand out more, don't you think?

 Next I tried rose red and I am really liking this.  It is a big more saturated in color than the other two I previously tried.  Yes, this is definitely on my list.

 I ended up going with calypso coral.  And I created my sentiment with that same color.  I think it brought out more brightness of the sequins and was a good contrast to the pink roses.  I even added some coral in the rose shading to bring that color in more and have it stand out.  What do you think?  I believe ANY of those layers would have made a wonderful card and I might even make some more and do each of those colors.



Thanks for stopping by.  I will share the other cards we make in my Perfect Peacock card class this weekend, so please stop back by, won't you?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post a comment: