Sunday, August 31

ADDING A BIT MORE TO SOME COMPLETED CARDS

HEY BLOGGIES,

Have you ever done this...think a card if finished and you add it to the finished pile, only to feel like it needs a bit more the next time you see it?  Well, that happened to me recently this weekend.  I was putting all my finished cards into my special "finished" container when I just felt like something was missing on a few of them.

This is what the first card looked like when I blogged about it a week or so ago:

 I used the WORK OF ART stamp set with Blackberry Bliss ink and Mossy Meadow for the leaves, then brushed on a bit of champagne glimmer paint for some light.  I loved it when I made it, but then the next time I looked at it, it seemed it wasn't quite finished.  So here is what I added:


Since it was an ART piece by the name of the stamp, I added some artistic drawing with a black fine tip marker.  I double outlined each of the petals of the flower and leaves, AND I added some special doodling around the edge of the card for added interest.

What do you think?  I got the idea from my friend Tammy.  You have heard about her before.  We are stamping buddies and she is very artistic.  She created a similar card with me and then added the doodles and gave me the idea.  I am trying to download her card from my text messenger but it won't let me.  Once I figure it out, I will post her beautiful cards.

Here are two cards from MY PAPER PUMPKIN SEPTEMBER KIT that I posted before:

   

Here they are now with some added BLING of flower and smiley face charms, some splatters and the sequins that came with the kit.

I would love to know if you have updated some of your cards after you thought they were finished.  And if you did, what did you do to them.

Good to see you - stop back again, won't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post a comment: