Wednesday, February 26

TIPS AND TRICK TO SAVE

HEY BLOGGIES,

Today I have a tip and trick to help you save in your crafting supplies.  We all appreciate when we can save on our supplies, don't we?  Well, I discovered something that is not only going to save you money but also is so stinkin' cute!!

I noticed in a lot of my craft stores and other places that odd sized and unusual color envelopes were always marked way down for clearance. It got me thinking and I came up with a way to use these odd sizes as well as make them ADORABLE at the same time.


 My card above is the standard 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 size.  See it sitting on my sale envelope on the right and the envelope is way too big. Here is what you do:

1.  lick and seal up the envelope.
2.  put the card on top of the sealed envie the best way it would fit comfortably.
3.  measure up a half inch and make a pencil mark and then cut the envie with your paper cutter.
4.  cut a piece of designer paper the width of the opening now in the envie and 2 1/2 tall.
5.  score the designer paper in half and round the corners.
6.  glue the designer paper to the inside of the envie against the part of the envie that was sealed.  that is the back of the envie
7.  the cute flap will come over to the front and show nicely when you address your card.


Here is the card and matching designer envelope.  When someone receives this designer envelope, it is a special hint at what awaits for them inside.

Hope you enjoyed this hint and trick.

If you have any questions, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post a comment: