Friday, February 28

RAINY DAY = RAINY DAY CARD

HEY BLOGGIES,

We have had a wonderfully rainy day here in SE Texas, and we really need it!!  I got my Boot stamp to create a rainy day card.  My granddaughter got very very sick and her doctor sent her right up to the children's hospital.  She has been diagnosed with Type I Diabetes and they had to stay in the hospital 3 days for testing and to learn what she had to do.  They also had to get the Diabetes under control and figure out what dose she needed.  So I thought this might be a good card for her to remember the sun will come back out again.

 This is a tall and skinny card, but not full size.  It is 6 1/2" x 3 1/2".  It is smaller so the stamped boot would take up a larger spot on the card.

 I used markers to ink up the sentiment so that I could make the word SUN in crushed curry.

Here is a closeup of the cute boot.  I stamped it twice and fussy cut around it so that yellow rubber part is attached to the stamped, embossed and colored part.  I also used smoky slate to add a shadow on the left and bottom to add dimension.

One more look at this cute little card. I saw something like it on a fellow demo's blog to give me a reminder of childhood blue and yellow boots.

Thanks for looking.  I have entered this card at the MOJO 334 Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post a comment: