Monday, August 26

LNS CHALLENGE BLOG - SUMMERTIME

HI BLOGGIES,

       I had a hard time with this subject because I think I was wanting something that was literal- SUMMERTIME.  I just don't seem to have any stamp sets with a summertime activity on them.  BUT then I started thinking "outside the box" and decided on coastal cabana card stock.  I mean, what says summertime more than the beautiful color of the Caribbean Sea on a warm summer day??

       So my card for this challenge is made with summertime coastal cabana  as well as baked brown sugar because it is the color of the rocks along the shoreline of some of the islands in the Caribbean AND because many people like to BAKE in the sun to get a tan the color of BROWN SUGAR.

I know, I know I am really stretching it, but I think it fits the challenge.

 This CHALK TALK BUNDLE of stamps and framelits are so much fun!! I stamped with the baked brown sugar ink on the coastal cabana card stock and then die cut the tab out.  I stamped again on very vanilla with soft suede and had cut out the banner to add to the bag.


 I made a flower with the Stampin Up paper clay and the flowers and buttons mold and after it had dried over night I used my markers to add some color.  I also added some Tombow glue and some dazzling diamonds to give it a bit of sparkle.  I first tied a 1/8 ribbon ribbon thru the tag before adhering the flower to the tag.

On the left side of the card, I put some of this yummy baked brown sugar stretch ruffled ribbon under the baked brown sugar layer.  Then a layer of coastal cabana and then a very thin sgp of the baked brown sugar running along the edge.


Here is one more look now that you have heard how I created it.  Doesn't that thin strip really make it so pretty?  I forgot to tell you that the base of the card is soft suede and that I also used the square lattice embossing folder on the coastal cabana layer.

Thanks for stopping by to view my creations.  I would LOVE to hear your comments please.

Come back again soon.  I am going to be in blog hop September 3-5 for Fall and Halloween ideas.

Late Night Stampers Challenge


1 comment:

  1. Pretty colors, I really like the clay flower and that ribbon is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete

Please post a comment: