Saturday, July 6

HOT HOT JULY and A CLEAN AND SIMPLE MASCULINE CARD

OH MY!!  Every year I forget just how hot and humid east Texas can get until it happens  and it ALWAYS happens every year!!  It is too hot to do much more than fill the bird bath and run back inside.  really - I am not exaggerating at all.  100 degrees plus 85-90 humidity feels something like 118 they said on television.

Sooooo, time to be creative in side in the cool air conditioning, right?

 I was looking for something masculine and decided to do something clean and simple in some darker colors.  Here I used cajun craze, crumb cake and always artichoke.

 I used a horded item that I have had for probably 4-5 years called Magic Mesh.  It is self sticking.  I rubbed  crumb cake ink on the tallest piece and left the other ones the natural canvas color.  I used always artichoke woven ribbon and frayed the ends.

I stamped happy birthday in always artichoke onto news print and then backed it with always artichoke card stock and cut banner ends.  This is from the hostess set entitled Banner Labels.

 Here is a bit closer look at the sentiment and the magic mesh.


Here's one more look at my card.  I hope you have enjoyed this clean and simple masculine card.

I am entering this card at:

CAS-ual Fridays

Retro Sketches



2 comments:

  1. East Tennessee is humid as well...it's suffocating and makes my hair frizz. Humidity is something I've lived with my entire life yet I'm still surprised when I step outside and it literally smacks me in the face.

    I love your man card! Thank you for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you join me at 52 Card Pickup again this week!
    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/07/52-card-pickup-228.html

    ReplyDelete

Please post a comment: