Thursday, June 20

CREATING YOUR OWN OPEN-ENDED STRING-CLOSURE ENVIES

For special occasions, I LOVE my envelope to match my card.  It shows special care and love to the recipient.  I was delighted when I saw instructions on Jackie Topa's blog to make these cute open ended envies with string closures.  They are in the new Annual Catalog on several pages and now we can ALL know how to make them.  Thanks, Jackie.

 This one I am going to show you is for a regular 5 1/2 x 4 1/2" sized card.  Let's get started.

 Cut a piece of designer paper at 10 1/4 x 6 3/4".  Score 1" up from the bottom and 1" down from the top.  The widest measurement is going across the WIDTH.  Put your card on top of the envie and score 1/8" wider than the card on both sides. Now cut off the tabs where the scorelines intersect on each side.

 Use your hole punch or Crop-a-Dile to punch holes for the top and bottom brad closures.  The bottom brad must be punched BEFORE you adhere the two sides together or else it might be too close to the top flap when closed.   Add little punched out circles of card stock or paper with a brad.  Tie a piece of string around the top brad.  Then adhere the two sides together.

 Round the corners of the top and bottom flaps and adhere the bottom flap.


When you are ready to insert your card and close up your envelope, just wrap your string around the bottom brad a few times and you are finished!!

If you have any questions, please let me know.  ALSO, if you would like directions on how to make these for OTHER SIZED cards, leave me a comment and I will post those directions as well.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post a comment: