Sunday, January 13

I *HEART* HEARTS AND A QUILT BLOCK TOO

I am having so much fun working on my Valentine's class for this week.  First thing I did was REDO my previous card with the punch art owl and the chalkboard technique.  I just didn't like it with the sparkly embossing powder over my white craft ink.  So this time I used versamark and white opaque embossing powder and NOW I LOVE IT.  Here it is redone:

 I also used my special single VALENTINE'S stamp that comes in a discounted bundle with 1 x 8 cellophane bags for only $5.95 (that is a 20% discount from what you would pay separately).  AND I also used MY LITTLE VALENTINE stamp st for the XOXO and for the inside BE MY VALENTINE stamp.  This is another special bundle where you get this stamps set of 4 stamps as well as the adorable card kit together in a bundle for 20% off as well.  See the left hand corner of the front page of this blog for all the details.



Here is a closeup of the owl on the card looking at the fun white embossing beside him, as well as the cute button.

I have also been sewing some quilt blocks.  I was so excited to cut out and sew my first block in the monthly BLOCK OF THE MONTH that has just started this month.  I was purring right along and when it was all finished and ironed, I looked and all I could do is growl and grump.  Do you notice what I did??

 This is called Monkey Puzzle or Snail's Trail.  I was so excited to have a tutorial on how to make it and was just whipping along being very careful of sizes, sewing, etc.  But I believe one important thing was missing from the tutorial.  Can you see the mistake I did?

My four patch should be reversed so that the square of black is at the other tip of the triangle so it completed the spiral.  There were no cautions or directions about where to put the first triangles as we sewed along so of course I CHOSE THE WRONG SIDE!!  GRRRRR

Well, as my hubby says, if you don't tell anyone, they won't know!  At least in my family who will be seeing the final quilt.  So there we have it.

The fabric is Stampin' Up! Christmas fabric and the black is from my stash.

Hope your squares and triangles AND HEARTS are all in the right places this day!!  

Go get creative y'all!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the comment on my blog--I had to come over and see yours...and I immediately found this *adorable* valentine owl!!! Super cute, especially on the chalkboard card :-D Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Please post a comment: