Monday, August 1

I'M BACK - DID YOU MISS ME??

HI Y'ALL, I am back from a mini vacation to go get some grandkids lovin'.  My daughter and family live in Utah and I don't get to see them enough.  So every chance I get, I JUMP ON IT.  It was so fun to spend time with them.  They are growing waaaay too fast.  9 and 11.

We even got some crafting time in at the end.  and GUESS WHAT??  My 11 yr old granddaughter taught me how to make jewelry!!  She is so talented and amazing.  I made some cute necklaces and some earrings (well, my daughter made the earrings for me - it was a bit harder and I wanted to watch how she twisted the wire).  Another thing to add to my list of FUN THINGS TO DO.  I can't wait to get to the store and get some more stones and beads and make MORE JEWELRY.  I will show you a few photos next time, ok?

This posting I wanted to share a scrapbooking workshop I held just a day or so before I left on my grands vacation. ha, get it? grands vs grand?  I know, kind of lame...

We made 6 x 6 flip and fold albums with the designer paper of their choice.  It was so fun to see their books come together and then they started having ideas about decorating them, etc.

Here they are working so diligently on their albums.  Each of their albums showed their own personality and special touch.  It was awesome.


 For the front of the album, we used my BIG SHOT and designer paper that matches their album to create a FUN FLOWER.  After cutting it out with the FUN FLOWER DIE, we crinkled and crumbled all the pieces up.  (Very hard for some of them!)  Then carefully unfolded them and using my mat pack and the "pokey tool" we put a hole in the middle of all layers to attach them together with a BRAD.

Here is one flower attached to the front of an album.  Cute, huh?
 My FAVORITE NEW DESIGNER PAPER is MOCHA MORNING.  It is very elegant and several sheets have velvety embossing.  LOVE IT.
One little SMARTIE ( I won't mention any names GRIN) figured out how to make all the pages inside to be the same pattern.  then as you open them up, they are again in matching different patterns.  I WAS VERY IMPRESSED!!

They PROMISED to show them to me once all the photos are attached.  I can't wait to see how cute they are all filled with memories.

WOULD YOU LIKE TO MAKE A FLIP AND FOLD ALBUM with some yummy designer paper and card stock?  Email me and I can get a kit ready for you and mail it out.
Here is one of the albums nearly completed.  It is an album for a little one "LITTLE WONDER" is the stamp on the front.  Isn't it darling??!!  GREAT JOB EVERYONE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post a comment: