Saturday, April 23

BABIES, BUNNIES, FLOWERS = SPRING

Oh how I love spring.  The flowers - the baby birds and animals - the breezes - and the colors of green.  Green is my favorite color and each spring I remember why I love green so much.  There is nothing quite as beautiful as new green growth in all it's splendor.

I also love spring when I remember this verse, "Who seeketh thou?  He is not here, but has risen."  What a glorious statement and what a glorious promise of resurrection for all of us.  I am grateful for the promise of the resurrection and eternal life with our family and loved ones.

I finally got a photo of the cute onesie I made for my new granddaughter, Penelope.  Wow, sometimes technology really sucks and is frustrating, eh?  Cords missing, things not working, bad photos, etc.  whew - finally!!  Here it is made from the Sew Suite matching fabric and the rose red striped ribbon from the clearance rack.  Don't you just love the pompom trim along the edges of the ruffles??  To make the ribbon rose I just did a running stitch along one edge and gathered it up then hand sewed it in place.

Before I go I wanted to share a beautiful ruffled iris from my garden.  This is an amazing bloom because they don't do well in this part of Texas because it usually doesn't get cold enough in the winter.  But we had some freezing weather this year and it finally bloomed.  I got a piece of it 3 years ago from my mother in law's garden in Utah and it makes a nice green plant, but it never bloomed until this year.  PRETTY!!



Happy Easter to you and your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post a comment: